Knight searching for secrets
Longsword attacks: +8
Step 1: Write 5 background and concept elements that you feel are important to your image of the character.
1) A Human Knight
2) Ruthless (read: Lawful Evil.)
3) Looking for secrets to please his god.
4) Powerful. Unstoppable.
5) Loyalty, honor, discipline, and pride.
Step 2: List at least two goals for the character. At least one of these goals should be one that the character has, while another should be one that you, as a player, want to see developed over the course of the game.
1) Kill the corrupt Priest of the Church of Pelor in his home city/town.
2) I want him to be evil, while still working believably alongside the party.
Step 3: List at least two secrets about your character. One is a secret the character knows, one is a secret that involves him but that he is not actually aware of yet.
1) Vanyc is ‘Lawful Evil’ (aka, evil, aka a ruthless bastard.) in service to the god Vecna.
2) He was not betrayed.
Step 4: Describe at least three people that are tied to the character. Two of them are friendly to the character, one is hostile.
1) Vanyc’s widow, Elizabeth (See ‘The Turning of a Champion.’)
2) Knight Captain Joseph Kalin – Overseer and manager of the knights in service to Baron Fredrick II, a longtime friend of Vanyc. Currently believes Vanyc is dead. (see ‘The Turning of a Champion.’
3) Priest Boris Devou, corrupt to his core. Directly caused the baron to betray Vanyc. Vanyc discovered the mans corruption, and was sent to his death by the baron to be kept silent.
Step 5: Describe three memories that your character has. They don’t have to be elaborate, but they should provide some context and flavor.
1) Dying, and being brought back by Vecna. (See ‘The Turning of a Champion.’)
2) His wedding to Elizabeth
3) Discovering proof of the corruption of the priest of Pelor.