Explorer's Isle is going to use incentive rules slightly modified from the Pandora campaign setting.
- Write 5 background and concept elements that you feel are important to your image of the character. These can be a concept overview, a list of important life events, a physical description, a personality profile…whatever you need to get an image in your mind. 5 is just a minimum…more elements are encouraged!
- List at least two goals for the character. At least one of these goals should be one that the character has, while another should be one that you, as a player, want to see developed over the course of the game.
- List at least two secrets about your character. One is a secret the character knows, one is a secret that involves him but that he is not actually aware of yet.
- Describe at least three people that are tied to the character. Two of them are friendly to the character, one is hostile.
- Describe three memories that your character has. They don't have to be elaborate, but they should provide some context and flavor.
One item possessed by the character becomes a magical item of the character's level or lower. This item should be somehow linked to the character or important to them. This "heritage item" levels with the character and should have a reasonable progression. Armor used as a heritage item has it's material improve as regular armor.
Write a short story for your character, giving either a piece of their background or insight into their personality. Can be as long as you want, but has to be at least one paragraph and contain three elements about your character.
When your background has been completed and approved, you may select one of the following background benefits:
- Gain a +2 bonus to checks with one skill associated with your background.
- Add two skills associated with your background elements to your class's skill list before you choose your trained skills.
- Choose one language connected with your background. Your character can speak, read and write that language fluently.